I was quite happy to try and ignore Google+ for a few more weeks. Twitter and Facebook & a few niche sites take up more than enough of my time and, like most people, I wasn’t exactly crying out for another social network to worry about.
Of course, as a marketer, I’d dabbled on Google+. I’d spent just enough time on it to know that I didn’t need to spend more yet. I knew enough to answer clients questions and understood that my clients customers weren’t yet utilising it heavily.
Enter Search Plus Your World
With SPYW (Which thanks to the suggestion from GetElastic, I will hereby be pronouncing “Spew”), suddenly making Google+ more relevant I am now undergoing a crash course to get up to speed.
Thinking that I probably wouldn’t be the only person going through this at the moment I thought I would share the useful resources that I used to do that crash course. If they do, feel free to add me to your circles.
Why Worry About Google+
- The End of Link Building as We’ve Know and Love it
– Search Engine Watch
- Why Every Marketer Now Needs a Google+ Strategy
- Why Google+ Matters to Ecommerce + 9 Things You Should Do About It
– Get Elastic
- Why You Need Google+ Business Pages For Online Reputation Management
– Search Engine Land
Setting up Managing Google+ Business Pages
- Complete Guide to Optimizing Your Google+ Brand Page
- Using IFTT to post to your social media accounts from Google+
- How to Verify your Google+ Brand Page
Increasing Your Impact Through Google+
- Building Authority and Influence in Google+ < If you only read 1 post – Make it this one!
– Kaiser the Sage
- Use Google+ Ripples to increase your Reach
- Get Yourself Featured in New Google Search Plus Your World Personalized Search
Something to add?
Know a good resource that I missed? Let me know in the comments, or of course via google+ .