So this morning finally came the dreaded news I got an email about last week; IFTTT’s Twitter recipes no longer work.
Twitter have stopped IFTTT accessing their APIs, and it only takes a quick search around the social networks to see people are a bit PIFTTT off about it (HAR HAR HAR). I can see why too, it’s a great way to track your niche, discover new sale leads, build relationships and everything in between.
But don’t look so sad, there’s a fix! You can still get all your Twitter alerts and do as you please with them. Let me tell you how…
- Twitter has RSS feeds.
- Search: https://search.twitter.com/search.rss?q=SEARCHTERMHERE
- Tweets: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=USERNAMEHERE
- Favorites: https://api.twitter.com/1/favorites.rss?screen_name=USERNAMEHERE
- Create a new IFTTT, select the big orange RSS square, whack the address into the feed URL.
- Set your action to whichever you require.
- Sit back and think smugly to yourself that you just beat Twitter.
Of course, it would have been great if IFTTT had kept my old Twitter recipes saved in a stagnant state rather than deleting them, but hey ho.
Here’s a recipe example that I have set up today to track tweeters upset about IFTTT so I can link them to this very page. Feel free to use it as a template.